This is a varied and challenging role with a broad range of responsibilities focused on maintaining standards of operational excellence within the firm.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure that the Operations function (team of 3) runs smoothly and operates effectively so deals are input, processed and settled in a timely and efficient manner
- Member of Operations Committee
- Ensure that all new clients are effectively on-boarded
- Ensure that all transactions are accurately and promptly processed
- Responsible for ensuring that all client reports are prepared and delivered to the required deadlines
- Act as the focal point for the resolution of all reporting issues
- Maintain a close relationship with the investment team and the client relationships team to ensure that the reports meet client needs
- Work closely with IT to ensure the overall integrity of systems and data
- Liaise with Operations and Finance regarding the input and analysis of data.
- Ensure that the data held internally is reconciled with the data held by the Administrator, Custodian and Investment managers
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation, review and audit (where appropriate) of the Short and Long Form Interim and Final Reports (OEIC Reports and Accounts)
- Deal with documentation relating to investments in Private Equity, Property, Hedge and other funds/vehicles
- Responsible for oversight of process for all such new investments and specific responsibility for reviewing and advising on all operational aspects
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all those responsible for providing an external interface with the Operations function including the Custodians, Administrator, Depositary, Investment Managers and the FSA
- Ensure that the regular review meetings are held and address all relevant issues
- Deal with all parties in an open, transparent and co-operative way.
- Develop and maintain relationships with those responsible for providing information and data to the Operations function and also those to whom such is provided
- Ensure that where information is both received and given that it is reviewed for relevance, completeness and accuracy
- Be a “value-added” source of information and assistance and one whose input is sought.
- Anticipate change, or react to it, to ensure that the services the operations function meets all known needs and requirements
Key Skills / Experience
- Operations manager with a proven track record gained within either Wealth Management or Family Office environments
- In depth knowledge of all operations processes and procedures required to run a successful operations function
- Solid asset class / product knowledge
- Experience of successfully managing teams
- Experience of process improvement / change management
- Willingness to “roll your sleeves up” and assist the team with day to day work when needed