Mirabella can assist a variety of client types, but they fall primarily into 2 categories….
1. Investment Adviser (i.e. MiFID activities)
- Advisor/Arranger activities: Firms that provide investment advice to other investment firms or directly to funds, including self-managed funds.
- Corporate Finance: Firms that provide advice to corporate and other firms with regard to financial transactions
- Marketing only: Firms that market investment funds to professional (i.e. not to retail) investors across Europe.
After 21 July 2013, this can only include funds that are already classified as Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) under the AIFMD.
2. Investment Managers (these are referred to as “AIFM” firms in the AIFMD)
- Firms who are already regulated to provide investment services, but who do not wish to become AIFMs. This includes hedge funds, private equity or real estate firms advising offshore managers of PE or RE funds.
- Non-EU firms, currently managing assets who do not wish to become AIFMs.
- Firms not yet authorised, who wish to manage an alternative investment fund (an “AIF”).
- Firms not yet authorised who wish to manage something other than an AIF, such as a managed account.