11th December 2018 – Senior Management Obligations in FCA regulated firms
Time: 9.30am to 11.30am
Cost: £299 + VAT
Location: Cordium UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
The ever increasing focus by the Regulators on the accountability of Senior Management, particularly when things go wrong, emphasises how important it is for individuals in senior positions to have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. This succinct course is designed to assist Senior Management to have a full understanding of what they need to do to achieve compliance with two specific parts of the Rules.
- The ability to demonstrate to the Regulator your understanding of the current Regulatory approach and the Senior Management/Significant influence responsibilities;
- The knowledge you need to achieve and evidence compliance with those responsibilities;
- The potential to identify actions that may need to be taken to address any gaps in compliance;
- The ability to ensure that procedures are in place for risk identification, assessment and mitigation; and
- Be aware of the actions the FCA can take if things go wrong.
- The current Regulatory environment; The “Twin Peaks” approach to Regulation and Supervision
- The link between the Regulator’s objectives in The Financial Services and Markets Act and Senior Management responsibilities
- Apportionment and Oversight
- The Principles for Businesses (PRIN)
- Fitness and Propriety: The Fit and Proper test for Approved Persons
- The Statements and Codes of Practice for Approved Persons (APER)
- Examples of what can go wrong: Enforcement Notices against Firms and Individuals
Course aimed at: Individuals in significant influence roles
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual Cordium consultant.