12th March 2019 – The CF10a: the Role and Responsibilities
Time: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Cost: £399 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UJ
The FCA has increased the focus on firms’ ability to demonstrate they have sufficient resources, expertise and procedures in place to avoid client money/custody disasters. The CF10a, role carries much responsibility for ensuring the relevant firm keeps up with changes in CASS requirements and is ready to react in the case of another custodian’s failure.
This course emphasises the requirements and responsibilities the CF10A role has to carry as a matter of routine to meet regulatory and client expectations in the event of a disaster.
Attendance on this course will enable you to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the CF10a function
- Assess the impact of responsibilities on current corporate governance arrangements in their firm
- Benchmark current policies and procedures against best practice
- Identify changes that need to be made to current arrangements to enable compliance with obligations under the Client Asset Rules, including ‘Resolution’ arrangements
- Do what it takes to demonstrate compliance
- Client Assets (CASS) – Case studies
- The FCA’s stance
- The CF10a Role and Scope of the Rules
- Systems and Controls
- CF10a – aspects of the CASS Rules
- CASS Resolution Pack
- The latest from the FCA
Course aimed at: Senior Management, CF10a, Prospective CF10a’s and Compliance
This course can also be delivered as an onsite course or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.