16th May 2019 – Suitability and Appropriateness: Avoiding mis-selling
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 4UR
Cost: £699 + VAT
This is a very interactive one-day course, designed to provide practical guidance to individuals involved in selling investment products to consumers.
Cases studies used during the course will highlight the errors that firms and individuals have made and which have resulted in heavy fines being imposed by the Regulator.
The course will emphasise the responsibilities on senior management and will identify systems and controls that need to be in place to attempt to mitigate this significant compliance risk.
To enable delegates to:
- Understand the application, scope and requirements of the FCA rules relating to suitability and appropriateness.
- Consider the link between the FCA objectives, the high-level Principles and senior management responsibilities.
- Re-evaluate their own systems and controls
- Learn from the mistakes of others.
- The Link: FCA Objectives; Principles for Businesses: Senior Management and the Rules
- SYSC: Appropriate systems & controls
- The Competent Employee Rule
- Approved Persons
- Client Take-On
- Suitability and Appropriateness: The Rules
- More examples of Regulatory Enforcement
- The good and the bad sales call
- Record Keeping
Suitable for: All those involved in selling investment products; Compliance Officers and Compliance staff; Internal Auditors; managers at all levels.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 3141 9546 or your usual ACA consultant.