17th May 2019 – Financial Crime Prevention
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Cost: £399 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
This course is specifically designed to assist Senior Management in meeting their obligations under Regulation 24 of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 (MLR).
The MLR states:
“A relevant person must take appropriate measures so that all relevant employees of his are:
(a) made aware of the law relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and data protection
(b) regularly given training in how to recognise and deal with transactions and other activities which may be related to money laundering or terrorist financing.”
Any failure to meet these obligations is a breach of the MLR and of the FCA/PRA Rules in “Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Control (SYSC).
As Bribery, Corruption and Market Abuse may involve the proceeds of crime they are natural derivatives of AML, so this course also includes an explanation of the offences and penalties under the Bribery Act 2010 and the Market Abuse regime.
The course includes examples of the offences that could have an impact on Senior Management, including the potential for two years in prison for not taking sufficient steps to prevent bribery. One of the steps toward prevention is, of course, the provision of training.
Attendance on this course will enable you to:
- A sound knowledge of what AML/CTF, ABC and MA are
- The obligations on the firm and each individual
- An understanding of the importance of the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG)
- An opportunity to benchmark your knowledge and current compliance arrangements
- Comfort that the firm is compliant with Regulation 24 and is able to demonstrate that staff have been made aware of AML, ABC and MA
- What Money Laundering is
- The Legal Framework
- JMLSG Guidance: including the risk-based approach
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Awareness and Training
- Record Keeping
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Market Abuse
Course aimed at: All staff
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.