22nd March 2019 – Preparing your firm for the SM&CR
Time: 12.30pm to 2.30pm
Cost: £299 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
The extension of the scope of the Senior Management and Certification Regime (SM&CR) to cover all FCA solo-regulated entities will result in many firms needing to become familiar with the new regulatory requirements and to get to grips with their implications. While conversion will not take place until December 2019 there is much preparation to be done and firms should act on the advice of the FCA and develop their plans for implementation now to ensure they are compliant in time.
This concise course gives an overview of the new requirements and explores the issues which firms will need to address and resolve if they are to meet the new regime effectively.
Attendance at this course will provide you with:
- The ability to recognise the principal features of the new arrangements, compared with the existing Approved Persons regime.
- The ability to see the new requirements within the broader regulatory context.
- The opportunity to identify actions that will need to be taken by firms to plan for compliance with the new requirements.
- The regulatory focus governance, culture and individual accountability
- FCA’s aims and ambitions for the SM&CR
- The Rules of Conduct
- Features of the Senior Managers regime
- Features of Certification
- Converting to the new requirements
- Practical and operational implications of the new arrangements
- What must be done before December 2019
- Incorporating SM&CR into “business as usual”
- Capitalising on enhanced requirements as good practice
- SM&CR in the context of developments in UK corporate governance
Course aimed at: Senior Managers, including Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors and other Approved Persons and Material Risk Takers; Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit specialists; Human Resources and Learning and Development specialists.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.