28th February 2019 – Compliance Officer: The Role and Responsibilities
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Cost: £699 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
The role of the Compliance Officer (CO) is a mandatory position in all firms in the Financial Services industry. The CO plays a major role in assisting Senior Management to ensure that appropriate and effective systems and controls are in place to achieve and maintain compliance with the applicable Rules.
While the nature of the Compliance Function is likely to differ from one firm to another, this course provides an easy to follow breakdown of what the Regulator expects of a CO and explains, in practical terms, how the regulatory expectations and those of Senior management can be achieved.
- A sound knowledge of what is expected of a Compliance Officer and why
- Practical ways to meet the expectations
- An understanding of the importance of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- An opportunity to benchmark your knowledge and current compliance arrangements
- Responsibilities of Senior Management for Compliance
- The CO’s principal tasks & skill sets
- Getting the basics right
- The independence of the role
- Understanding and meeting expectations
- Embedding the compliance culture
- The Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP)
- Compliance Monitoring Methodology
- Think about opportunities for adding value
- Managing visits from the Regulator(s)
- Examples of what can go wrong: messages for the CO
Course aimed at: Anyone currently or considering becoming a Compliance Officer.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.