5th March 2019 – Anti-Money Laundering Awareness
Time: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Cost: £299 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
Under Regulation 24 of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 (MLR) Senior Management must ensure that immediately on joining the firm employees at all levels of seniority receive training in AML. In addition, refresher training must also be provided at a frequency determined by the firm’s AML risk assessment.
This course is specifically designed to assist Senior Management in meeting these obligations. Any failure to meet these obligations is a breach of the MLR and of the FCA/PRA Rules in “Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Control (SYSC).
The course is also invaluable to MLRO’s that need to have a good knowledge of the UK AML regime to enable them to carry out their role successfully.
- To assist management in meeting their statutory and regulatory obligations
- To provide delegates with a sound knowledge of what money laundering is and how this poses a risk to their firm
- To understand the obligations on the firm and each individual
- To provide delegates with an understanding of the importance of the JMLSG
- To provide an opportunity for delegates to benchmark their knowledge and consider the current AML compliance arrangements at their firm.
- Money Laundering: what it is and the various stages in the process
- Countering Terrorist Financing
- The Legal Framework and the offences and defences
- JMLSG Guidance to best practice: including the risk-based approach
- Client/customer take-on: CDD/EDD/SDD
- Suspicious Activity Reporting and the role of the MLRO/Nominated Officer
- Awareness and Training
- Record Keeping
Course aimed at: Employees and MLROs who require either initial or refresher AML awareness training.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.