6th March 2019 – Individual responsibilities for Certification staff
Time: 1.00pm to 3.00pm
Cost: £299 + VAT
Location: ACA UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) creates personal accountability obligations for a wide range of staff. These certificated individuals are required to be assessed as fit and proper for their roles and also to be fully trained on the FCA’s Conduct Rules so that they understand how these rules apply to their particular functions. It is an obligation on firms that all certification staff are fully trained on the Conduct Rules prior to the implementation of SM&CR in December 2019.
This interactive course is aimed at all staff in Certification roles. It explains how fit and proper status is determined and reviewed under SM&CR and the implications of changing roles. It also explains the COCON rules in practical terms and helps participants to understand how the Rules apply to them individually.
Attendance at this course will provide you with:
- An understanding of the Certification regime and the obligations it creates
- Familiarity with the process of assessing, confirming and reviewing fit and proper status
- Clarity on requirements resulting from changes in role
- The ability to explain the aim of the Conduct Rules: how they impact the firm and individuals;
- Familiarity with the content of each of the Conduct Rules;
- Clarity on the application of the individual conduct rules to a variety of specific job roles;
- Guidance on practical ways to comply with the rules; and
- The potential impact for non-compliance
- Why SM&CR? – the increasing focus on individual accountability
- The obligations of Certification on firms and individuals
- How fit and proper status is determined
- The annual fit and proper review
- Changing roles and firms, including regulatory references
- The scope and application of the Conduct Rules;
- What the conduct rules require of different job roles;
- Conduct Rules and their implications for managers and team leaders;
- Factors for assessing understanding and compliance; and
- How to ensure you meet your personal obligations
Course aimed at: Senior Managers, Certificated and non-certificated individuals, including Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Human Resources and Learning and Development specialists.
This course does NOT cover the obligations for Senior Managers. These are covered in our “Individual Responsibilities for Senior Managers under SM&CR” course.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.